Wednesday, August 20, 2014

silver lining

i've spent the last few months scared
scared to face hard truths
scared to say out loud that we might never have kids
scared i'm not doing the "right thing" with my art lessons (sometimes their work is just not good)
scared i'm a bad teacher, scared i'm a bad wife
scared to exercise, scared to get off the carb train
scared to laugh or smile
scared to cry
scared to "loose it"
scared i've lost all faith

an now that i am facing all these fears
saying them out loud

little silver linings are popping up

i got good feedback from a surprising source about my kids artwork and my teaching
my boss sent me the message below.... the magnitude of the relevance of this to my life right now is too amazing to comprehend

Psalm 107:9'For He satisfies the longing soul, and fills the hungry soul with goodness.'

- God alone can satisfy the deep longings of your heart.
- The longings of your heart are important to Him.
- He wants to meet you at the point of your need.
- The Lord has good things to satisfy your hunger and longing.

image from here


No comments: